Pilz Automation Technology is one of the UK's leading providers of training in machinery safety and the management of health and safety. The company has now published a booklet outlining the courses and timetable for July to December 2008. Many of the courses in the first half of 2008 were oversubscribed, so anyone interested in booking a course is urged to make a provisional booking as soon as possible.
Two types of course are available: those relating to regulations and standards, and others that are specific to Pilz machinery safety products. Comprehensive information about all of the courses is included in the new booklet.
The following regulations and standards courses are available:
• City & Guilds 4-day Machinery Safety Course
• City & Guilds 2-day Machinery Safety Course for Managers
• City & Guilds 1-day Machinery Safety Course for Supervisors
• IOSH Managing Safely New Version Syllabus 3
• IOSH Managing Safely Recertification Syllabus 3
• BS EN 61508 Course
• Introduction to EN IEC 62061 and EN ISO 13849-1
• Machine Builders Course
• Design of Hard-Wired Electrical Safety Systems for Machinery
• Requirements for Maintaining Plant and Machinery
Product training courses are:
• PSS Programming Course
• PSS Service and Trouble Shooting Course
• SafetyBUS p Programming Course
• SafetyBUS p Service and Trouble Shooting Course
• PNOZmulti Configurable Safety Controller Course
All of the scheduled courses take place at the Pilz training facilities in Corby, Northamptonshire. However, additional courses can be organised at companies' own premises or other convenient locations.
Furthermore, Pilz can tailor some of the courses to suit the specific needs of companies and/or individual attendees, applying the same rigorous quality assurance techniques to these as are applied to the scheduled courses.
Please contact Pilz to request a PDF or hard copy of the Training Courses booklet.