The current range of Pilz machinery safety courses have evolved from more than 20 years of in-house expertise not only in training, but also in the practical application of standards by Pilz engineers and consultants when, for example, designing safety circuits and advising manufacturing companies on how to best comply with UK Regulations. The courses can therefore offer practical insights and solutions in addition to covering the essentials of current legislation.
Furthermore, although Pilz trainers are highly qualified to address individual concerns throughout the scheduled courses, if a more customised approach is desired, courses tailored to meet specific Company needs are available on request.
Given the fact that the new Machinery Directive comes into force in December 2009 - and the resultant renewed interest in machinery safety - Pilz is urging people to contact them as soon as possible to be sure of getting a place on their preferred course.
Two types of course are offered: those relating to regulations and standards, and others that are specific to Pilz machinery safety products.
Courses relating to regulations and standards are:
- City & Guilds 4-day Machinery Safety Course
- City & Guilds 2-day Machinery Safety Course for Managers
- City & Guilds 1-day Machinery Safety Course for Supervisors
- Introduction to EN IEC 62061 and EN ISO 13849-1
- Design of Hard-Wired Electrical Safety Related Control Systems for machinery
- Machine Builders Regulations and Standards
- Requirements for Maintaining Plant and Machinery - Safety Related Controls
- Introduction to BS EN 61508
Machinery safety product-related training courses are:
- PSS Programming
- PSS/SafetyBUS p Programming
- PSS Service and Troubleshooting
- PSS/SafetyBUS p Service and Troubleshooting
- PNOZmulti Introduction and Programming
All of the scheduled courses take place at the Pilz training facilities in Corby, Northamptonshire. However, additional courses can be organised at companies' own premises or other convenient locations.
To request a copy of the Training Courses booklet as either a paper document or a PDF file, email firstname.lastname@example.org or to view our course dates enter webcode 0218.