- Competitive Salary (depending on qualifications)
- 38 hours per week, 5 days Monday – Friday (early finish Fridays)
- 26 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays + 5 Days Unpaid Holidays
- 7% Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme (after 3 months service)
- Life Insurance Cover
- Branded Workwear Provided
- Free Parking
Reporting to our Technical Support Engineer, we are seeking an Apprentice Engineer, ideally with an interest in electrical engineering, to work within our existing Engineering Team as the main point of contact for delivering consistent technical support for the full range of our products and services to customers and colleagues. This involves always being available to customers, anticipating management requirements, working constructively with other colleagues, being proactive and flexible in approach, with a pleasant manner.
More specifically on a day-to-day basis you will learn on-the-job how to provide Technical Support (via phone and email) based on customer requirements, for example;
- Advising on product selection to meet customer requirements and expectations
- Providing guidance on product performance, specification, and safety functions
- Cross-referencing and comparing competitor products against our products
- Suggesting how our products can be used to meet current safety standards
- Providing fault diagnosis and remedies on a wide range of applications that utilise our products
- Promoting new and existing Pilz products to customers
- Identifying potential sales and marketing opportunities and escalate as required
- Utilising information and data contained within the technical support database
- Reviewing customer’s technical diagrams and provide observations as required
Our ideal candidate will have GCSE qualifications (including English, Maths and a Science/Technical subject), and have studied or be working towards a BTEC or NVQ in Engineering (or equivalent) Level 3. In addition, we’re looking for someone with good communication skills, ability to work as part of a team, a good level of dexterity, methodical and analytical thinker, with a desire to learn, a curious nature, and hard-working and reliable.
During the 2-Year Apprenticeship Programme, you will have the opportunity to attend our wide range of industry-recognised in-house training courses to develop your knowledge within the specific field of Machinery Safety. In addition, there is the potential for long-term career progression into other roles, for example, Design Engineer, Machinery Safety Consultant or Sales Engineer.
This role is based at our UK Head Office in Corby – Northants, so ideally we would like the candidate to live locally to Corby, or within an easily commutable distance to the office and the ability to travel daily to the office.
If you have the relevant qualifications and this role sounds interesting to you, please submit your CV for further consideration to the Pilz UK Careers Team: