- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 38 hours per week, 5 days (Mon-Fri)
- Overtime or TOIL
- Fully Expensed Company Van for work purposes
- 26 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays + 5 Days Unpaid
- 7% Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme (after 3 months service)
- Life Assurance Cover (after 6 months service)
- Full PPE provided
Machine Safety Compliance Engineer (PUWER Assessor)
We are seeking a full-time permanent experienced Machinery Safety Compliance Engineer, focussing on PUWER Assessments, to join our existing team of machine safety consultants, to support with a variety of projects at various customer premises throughout the UK.
On a day-to-day basis this role requires working on customer sites and communicating effectively with our customers who own, operate or have control over work equipment to help them understand their responsibilities, and identify and manage the risks from that equipment. You will do this by gaining relevant information, inspecting machinery, generating and delivering high quality reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely conducting machinery safety PUWER inspections on a variety of equipment
- Gathering detailed and accurate information whilst on site at the customer’s premises
- Appropriately interpreting this information to complete relevant documentation and customer action plan reports using our in-house PUWER Software Application system
- Reporting unsuitable work equipment
- Having a good understanding of work equipment regulations and other relevant regulations
- Ensuring duties are carried out in line with the Pilz ‘Health and Safety Policy’ and other legal requirements
Our ideal candidate will be Northants-based, with an electrical engineering background, a strong health and safety background, ideally NEBOSH qualified and an understanding of manufacturing machinery and environment.
Ideally, but not essential, we are seeking someone who also has a training background (or a desire to learn how to deliver machine safety training), and also experience of LOLER inspections.
In addition, you must be methodical in approach, self-driven, with effective time management, project management and excellent communication skills.
This role involves extensive travel throughout the UK with overnight stays, and occasional travel overseas.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, and this role sounds of interest to you, please email us with your salary expectations and your CV for further consideration to Lynne Breslin, our HR Manager.