- Salary (dependant on experience)
- 26 Days Annual Leave + 8 days Bank Holidays + Extra 5 Days Unpaid Holiday
- 7% Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme + Life Assurance
Responsible to: Engineering Manager
Responsible for: No Staff
The Electrical Design Engineering role involves dealing with projects from initial concept to implementation.
This requires communication with the customers, reviewing risk assessments, producing design philosophies, and then realising the philosophy through actual design and implementation.
We sometimes have requirements to support customers with existing equipment to assist with troubleshooting issues. This can be via telephone/email or may involve site visits.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpreting customer requirements
- Creation of Functional Requirement Specifications (primarily safety related)
- Producing Electrical Schematics
- Programming of our programmable safety devices (Training can be provided)
- Producing calculations for safety system loops based on EN ISO 13849-1 (Pls) and EN62061/61511 calculations (SIL) (Training can be provided)
- Generating appropriate detailed documentation around the design and commissioning of the process/machinery control and safety
- On-site support where required
This role is predominantly based at our UK Head Office in Corby, Northants, although there may be a requirement to travel on occasions (within the UK) for site-based work, to support customers with existing equipment with trouble-shooting issues, albeit some of this support can be provided by telephone or email.
Our ideal candidate would be a HNC/HND or Degree qualified electrical engineer, with at least 3 years design experience using PLC’s HMI/SCADA and Drives. You will have experience of CAD, the ability to read and follow electrical schematics, design control systems for machinery and/or process, and health and safety awareness for the machinery and/or process environment.
In addition, you must be methodical in approach, self-driven, with effective time management, project management and communication skills, as you will dealing with projects from their initial concept to full implementation. Previous experience with integration of Pilz products would be advantageous.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, and this role sounds of interest to you, please submit your CV for further consideration to Lynne Breslin, HR Generalist at email@example.com.