- Competitive salary (dependant on experience)
- Optional overtime
- 26 Days Annual Leave + 8 days Bank Holidays + Extra 5 Days Unpaid Holiday
- 7% Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme + Life Assurance
- Early finish on a Friday
On a day-to-day basis this role requires effective communication with customers, reviewing risk assessments, producing design philosophies, and then realising these philosophies through to actual design and implementation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpreting customer requirements
- Creation of Functional Requirement Specifications (primarily safety related)
- Producing Electrical Schematics
- Programming of our programmable safety devices (Training can be provided)
- Producing calculations for safety system loops based on EN ISO 13849-1 (PLs) and EN62061/61511 calculations (SIL) (Training can be provided)
- Generating appropriate detailed documentation around the design and commissioning of the process/machinery control and safety
- On-site commissioning/over-seeing contractor installations
Our Ideal Candidate...
Our ideal candidate would be a HNC/HND or Degree qualified electrical engineer, with at least 3 years design experience using PLC’s HMI/SCADA and Drives. You will have experience of CAD, the ability to read and follow electrical schematics, design control systems for machinery and/or process, and health and safety awareness for the machinery and/or process environment. In addition, you must be methodical in approach, self-driven, with effective time management, project management and communication skills, as you will dealing with projects from their initial concept to full implementation. Previous experience with integration of Pilz products would be advantageous.
This role is based at our UK Head Office in Corby, Northants, although there will be a requirement to travel on occasions (within the UK) for site-based work as detailed above, to support customers with existing equipment with trouble-shooting issues, albeit some of this support can be provided by telephone or email.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, and this role sounds of interest to you, please email us with your salary expectations and your CV for further consideration to Lynne Breslin, our HR Manager.