Responsible to: Engineering Manager
Responsible for: No Staff
Electrical Design Engineer
Responsible to: Engineering Manager
The Electrical Design Engineering role involves dealing with projects from initial concept to implementation.
This requires communication with the customers, reviewing risk assessments, producing design philosophies, and then realising the philosophy through actual design and implementation.
We sometimes have requirements to support customers with existing equipment to assist with troubleshooting issues. This can be via telephone/email or may involve site visits.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Interpreting customer requirements
- Creation of Functional Requirement Specifications (primarily safety related)'
- Producing Electrical Schematics
- Software design primarily for the safety related control of process/machinery based around our programmable systems. Relay based system design also possible. Training can be provided
- Design of visualisation using our HMI products. Training can be provided.
- Producing calculations for safety system loops based on EN ISO 13849-1 (PLs) and EN62061/61511 calculations (SIL). Training can be provided.
- Generate appropriate detailed documentation around the design and commissioning of the process/machinery control & safety systems
- On-site support where required.
Travel required approximately UK based site work - 20%, Head Office, Corby 80%
- To maintain a high level of knowledge regarding regulations and standards associated with the role
- To maintain records of time planned and spent
- To present regular expense reports
- To attend exhibitions, seminars and other corporate events as required
- To deal with all correspondence as required / directed
- To attend regular team meetings and other corporate meetings as required
- To maintain effective working relationships with all other members of Pilz staff
- To have competent computer skills including the use of services templates and other tools, email, Microsoft Office etc.
- To participate as required in corporate and personal improvement programs (e.g. training and competence development)
- To undertake any other duties as required
- To ensure that all duties are carried out in line with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy as well as any other Company requirements.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and may be added to or changed to from time to time following discussion and consultation with the post holder and line manager
Education, Qualifications, Training, Professional Qualifications
- HNC / HND or degree qualified electrical engineer
Special Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Design experience using PLCs, HMI/SCADA, Drives
- CAD experience
- Ability to read and follow electrical schematics
- Experience in design of control systems for machinery and/or process
- Fault finding and diagnostic capabilities
- Project Management skills
- Health and Safety awareness with regards to machinery and /or process environment
- Understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic schematics
- CAD – EPLAN
- Safety related design
- Previous experience with the integration of Pilz products
- Understanding and application of safety standards. i.e. EN62061, EN61511, EN ISO 13849-1, EN 61508
- 3 years + design experience
People Management Skills
- Time Management
- Methodical Working under NDA’s/Confidentiality agreements
- Site work/ability to be flexible, use initiative
- Working with small team
- 80% office based / 20% site
- As required
To apply for this position, please forward your CV and a covering letter/email to email@example.com or contact Vanessa Smith on 01536 460766 and quote reference 0117/VS/EDE