CMSE® - Certified Machinery Safety Expert
The aim of the CMSE® training is to deal with the complex technical issues surrounding machinery safety and enable an understanding of the lifecycle - from legislation, standards and safeguarding techniques to a detailed review of functional safety areas. This is a four day training, delivered in the form of five individual modules containing lectures, discussions, and practical workshops. The final day culminates in an open book examination to verify understanding with the potential for certification as a Machinery Safety Expert.
- US, Canadian and European Regulations and Standards in relation to machinery
- How these may be applied to the design, build, maintenance and operation of machinery used within the European Economic Area
- Obligations to be met when specifying, designing, constructing or putting a machine into service
- CMSE certification will be issued by TUV Nord upon successful completion of a written examination at the end of the course
If you are involved in the operation, maintenance, supervision or import of machinery, CMSE ® is certification which will offer proof of your competence - globally!
The following are the minimum criteria which candidates must satisfy in order to meet the eligibility criteria. One (either or) of the criteria below must be met in order to be eligible to proceed with the training:
- 5+ Years Experience in Safety - Long term professional experience and training in one or several areas relating to machinery safety e.g. technology, safety-related design and construction, safety-related maintenance and repair (5+ years)
- Qualification AND 1+ Year Experience - Formal qualification(s) in the areas of General science, Engineering, Technology, Construction and Design, or Maintenance and Repair of Machinery from a University / Technical college where the training lasted two or more years. AND...At least one year practical experience in one or several areas relating to machinery safety, e.g. technology, safety-related design and construction, safety-related maintenance and repair
Take a test drive
Why not test your knowledge now – with 10 questions from the CMSE® quiz! The quiz will provide an initial assessment of your knowledge, since it the questions are similar in content and scope to the official examination. Good luck!
Ready to register?
Sold on all the benifits CMSE can offer you? Great! The next step is to fill out the application. You'll find that here: http://www.cmse.com/en/contact/canada
See you in class!