As a company that operates internationally as a technology leader, Pilz has many decades of experience in the field of safe automation. The highly sensitive and heavily safety-relevant railway sector can benefit from this experience and from the use of proven industrial automation products.
Industrial safety technology on railways
Profound knowledge of railway-specific standards
Many railway applications have already been implemented internationally using Pilz components and systems:
- Control of level crossing protection systems
- Line control and communication tasks
- Functions in and around the train
Particularly robust control system for the railway industry
With the automation system PSS 4000 we have developed a special control system for the railway sector, which meets the high environmental requirements and also the normative conditions stipulated by CENELEC. The automation system PSS 4000 has been specially upgraded technically and is particularly robust to electromagnetc interference, extreme temperatures and mechanical load. Applications up to SIL4 are possible with this control system.
Benefits for railway technology:
- Open, independent automation system rather than proprietary special solutions
- Standardised solutions for hardware and software in accordance with IEC 61131, plus communication in accordance with IEC 61784
- Standardised, individually adaptable software blocks
- Fast, simple programming with graphics Program Editor
- Smooth development process due to integrated security mechanisms in the control system
- Remote maintenance and rapid diagnostics possible
- Suitable for autonomous systems as well as applications with connections to signal boxes
- Insensitive to temperature, robust in terms of EMC and mechanical load
- Uncomplicated approval due to certified base system in accordance with CENELEC/TÜV
Our solutions for railway technology:
- Automation system PSS 4000
Exhibition up close - InnoTrans 2016
Would you like to know more about the possibilities of increased safety in the railway industry? Find out more about safety in the railway industry in our flyers.
Further questions? Just contact us!