”Pilz completed an entire conformity assessment on our machine. It included Risk Assessment, Safety Concept, Safety Design, System Implementation plus Validation and finally CE marking. We were excellently advised by an expert team who acted professionally throughout the project and kept us well informed.”
- Wolfgang Zeidler, Executive of maintenance, Flanschenwerk Bebitz GmbH
Since 1.1.1995, manufacturers have been obliged to carry out conformity assessment procedures on their machines. By affixing the CE mark, the manufacturer confirms that the machinery meets all the necessary health and safety requirements of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and other relevant EU directives. All machinery imported from non-EU countries requires a CE mark, irrespective of the year of construction.
If individual CE marked machines are integrated to form an assembly of machines (plant), the conformity assessment procedure including CE marking must be carried out for the entire plant.
Our staff has a high level of technical competence, enabling them to perform the necessary CE marking steps and interpret the standards reliably and with the required quality.
Pilz is one of only a few companies prepared to take responsibility for the conformity assessment procedure. By signing as the authorised representative on the declaration of conformity, we confirm that the requirements of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC have been met.
- Take responsibility as the authorised representative, by signing the declaration of conformity
- Identify and apply the relevant standards and directives
- Assess the risk
- Create a safety concept and the corresponding safety design
- Assess conformity and make recommendations regarding the essential health and safety requirements
- Carry out the necessary inspections, tests and measurements
- Create and archive the legally required documentation including the technical construction file
- Manage the certification
- Use our expertise for the implementation and use of standards for your CE marking
- Guarantee access to European market with Pilz as your representative
- Protect your workforce without a compromise on productivity
- Save time by our structured CE marking process
- Demonstrate a complete CE-marking in conformance with legal requirements
- Trust Pilz as an accredited inspection body for machinery and safeguarding devices